Automatic Equal Weighting
PMF automatically weights the relationships of lower-level to
higher-level objects throughout the strategy linking system. This
speeds up the creation of Strategy objects during modeling of a
PMF automatically weighs these relationships, by default:
- Measures upward to Objectives or Risks.
- Objectives or Risks upward to Compound Objectives and Consequences.
- Objectives or Risks to Scorecards.
You can easily turn off automatic weighting and use preferential
- Navigating to the Scorecard, Compound Objective/Consequence,
Objective or Risk for which you want to switch to equal weighting.
- Deselecting the Use Equal Weighting checkbox in the panel.
- Changing the weights of the linked objects manually using the
sliders or lock buttons.
Procedure: How to Disable or Enable Equal Weighting
can enable or disable equal weighting for Scorecards, Compound Objectives/Consequences,
Objectives, or Risks. You need to alter the weighting mode from
the “linked-upwards” object.
In the Author tab, navigate to the object for
which you want change the weighting mode (for example, Scorecard).
The Edit Scorecard panel opens, as shown in the following
Select or deselect the Use Equal Weighting checkbox.
- If you check the Use Equal Weighting checkbox, the Adjust Objective
Weights button is disabled, because the system will take over Weighting,
and will always do it equally among all linked child objects.
- If you uncheck the Use Equal Weighting checkbox, you will need
to reset the weights across the Scorecard whenever you link or unlink
an Objective, Risk, Compound Objective or Consequence to or from